Routine and uniform environments can really stifle your personality when it comes to school. It is the perfect way to add some pizazz to your locker environment by showing off who you really are by decorating it.
Great Ideas for Decorating Your Locker
There is no doubt that locker decorations are the top trend when it comes to back-to-school shopping, as reported by ABC News. You won’t be the only one with a locker decorated in such a way, so you don’t have to worry about being the only one.
Make your locker decorations stand out from the rest by getting creative and personal with them.
It is true that lockers can seem really small when you start thinking about all the things you need to fit inside of them. Utilize organizational tools to make your locker a pretty and functional place to store your belongings by making the most of the space you have.
- It is essential to choose a bulletin board that has magnets on the back and hang it on the inside of your locker door. If you need to post reminder notes from teachers or permission slips, then this is an excellent place to do so.
- A dry-erase board should hang on the door of your locker as an easy place to write yourself notes as soon as you get out of class. As well as being a great way for friends to leave you messages, it is also a fun way to communicate.
- Magnetic bins: You can make your locker area more organized by adding a few of these small storage containers to the side walls or inside door of the locker. Make sure to fill them up with spare pens, hair accessories, makeup, or even car keys.
- A locker shelf is essential for maximizing space. Invest in an adjustable shelf so you can customize it to fit your locker. The shelves will allow you to store books on top and underneath, making them easier to grab between classes.
- You can hang decorative key chains, picture frames, and keys with magnetic hooks on the walls or inside doors.
An alert for DIYers! Tie some patterned ribbon, about six to twelve inches long, to the hook at the top of your locker. Barettes and other hair accessories can be clipped on for easy accessibility.
Have Some Fun
I believe that this is the perfect product for anyone who often finds their locker to be a meeting place before or after school. Think about adding some games and activities to your locker decorations as a way to keep your friends entertained while you are decorating it.
- The best place to find magnetic board games is in the section for travel games since many travel games are made with magnets so you will not lose your small pieces if you find them in the travel games section. You can attach the game to a wall in your locker and play it throughout the day during your breaks or whenever you have a free time.
- If you want to let your friends know where to clip notes, hang a few magnetic chip clips on the inside door of your locker so that they can easily get to them.
- Using magnet letters or words: You can change the decor in your locker as well as your mood with these little words. By using these little words you can say something different anytime you want.
Here’s a DIY alert for you! Use magazines to cut out letters and words, and secure them to magnet tape for a funky twist on the standard magnet words that you see on store shelves.
As a decoration, picture frames can be used.
As this is your locker, and there is only one of you, you should make sure to let your personality shine through.
- Wallpaper: Yes, this is a real thing and it does exist! The pattern you choose should really represent you in every sense of the word.
- There is no better way to decorate your locker than to use some picture frames. Whether you buy magnetic frames, use magnets you have collected personally, or hang frames from hooks, don’t forget to include a few of your favorite people and things.
- Make sure that your locker decorations include pictures of your favorite celebrities, quotes from favorite books, or beloved song lyrics. It may seem somewhat expected, but don’t be afraid to add photos of your favorite celebrities, quotes from favorite books, or beloved song lyrics to your locker.
Here’s a DIY alert for you! Make a habit of writing new affirmations or quotes each day on your dry erase board or a chalkboard.
You can follow some of the current trends when choosing decorations for your locker if you want to have the most up-to-date locker style.
- With a magnetic chandelier that actually lights up, you can add some light and some serious bling to your locker with a touch of modern flair.
- If you want a more funkier twist on the chandelier, opt for a disco ball hanging from your locker’s ceiling instead of the chandelier itself.
- There is nothing worse than having the floor of your locker bare or standing out as the only metal part of your locker that hasn’t been protected by a rug. As a result, locker rugs come in a variety of colors and textures, allowing you to match them with the rest of your room’s decor.
Here is a DIY alert for you! Don’t be afraid to get creative with washi tape! Cover a plain plastic container with washi tape and use it as a container for your food. If you want to fill the container with snacks or small essentials like erasers, or any other item you can think of, you can do so.
Locker Decorating Don’ts
It is important that you make sure that you are aware of your school’s policies regarding locker decorations before you go all out decorating your locker. You may be able to decorate the outside as well as the inside of some schools, but other schools may only allow you to decorate the inside. Among the most common rules to follow are the following:
- Keep in mind that permanent adhesives such as glue, tape, or stickers shouldn’t be used.
- Make sure you keep it PG (no offensive language or images)
- The decoration of the lockers should not interfere with the functionality of the locker (the lock needs to be able to be closed)
Cool Locker Decor
You could say that lockers are all the same until you inject yours with a serious dose of personality. Put your likes and interests into locker decorations this year.